This is a black and white version of my ever-popular Ocean Shoal design - the perfect choice for a monochrome scheme or anywhere you need greys, blacks and whites rather than blue.
This larger scale version is a simple small shoal, without any upper or lower 'half fish'. This means they work well used in a single row as an accent or border. You can also install them as different rows 'flowing' in different directions (see pics).
A set of two tiles make up a single repeating design. They will only work laid horizontally next to each other. The row can be extended as far as you need it to.
If you order a single tile you will receive the design on the right (large fish at top) as standard. Multiple tile orders will include equal quantities of each of the two designs. (If youj want a different ratio, please let us know at checkout).
Please read the description fully to check tile suitability.
- This listing is for a single tile - a set of two will line up horizontally with another set of two
- Use multiple sets to create a feature wall of beautifully patterned fish
- 5mm or 1/4 inch thick (thickness depends on size of tile)
- glossy reflective surface
- gently rounded top edge
- ridged unglazed back
- require normal tile adhesive and grouting
- heat printed in my home studio, using my own millefiori designs
These are handmade to order, so a slight variation between each tile is to be expected.
PLEASE NOTE: these tiles are heat printed, which means they will scratch if you drag heavy things over the surface, or scour with abrasive cleaners. Normal cleaning is fine!
They're suitable for :
- splashbacks in kitchens and bathrooms
- cubby holes
- utility rooms
- en suite bathrooms
- guest bathrooms
- mantel pieces
- kitchen walls away from direct heat sources
- decorative fireplace applications (away from heat sources)
- dining areas.
NOT suitable for
- outdoors or conservatories
- areas which receive a lot of direct sunlight or UV as the design may fade over the years
- floors and high-traffic areas
- not suitable for areas which are regularly scrubbed, bleached or scoured with agressive cleaners. Regular cleaning with non abrasive cleaners is fine!
If you need tiles suitable for these areas, please see my FIRED INK range, which are hard-wearing tiles for floors, pools, and high traffic / high temperature areas.