Make someone's day with a cheerful school of bright coloured wall fish! Every fish in this shoal is handmade and unique. Arrange your school to flow around your bath, down your hallway or you could set them to shimmer above your sofa!
A lovely new home gift or unusual wedding present for someone who already has the boring toaster and kettle set.
The pattern and colours are produced using the millefiori technique, which means that no two are identical.
Based on the body shape of a sardine, these come in two sizes
- small are between 5 and 6 inches long (12-15cm)
- medium are 10 inches (25cm) long
- beautiful permanent colours and unique designs
- small fish weigh approximately 27 grams
- medium fish weigh approximately 90g
- very easy to put up without having to dig big holes in your walls! Simply use the hanging holes on the back, or a non-damaging, removable Command Strip or two.
- please note - these fish are fine indoors, but if you install them outside the colours are likely fade due to UV, wind and rain - not recommended!
- they are single sided, with a flat, plain back for wall mounting and come with two drilled holes in the back to assist with mounting (see pictures).
- you can also use Command Strips if your walls are suitable.
You won't get the exact fish that are pictured here; please let me know what primary colour you'd like your fish to be and I will make the pattern to match.
If you'd like a specific set of different colours, (eg three blue fish, and three green) please convo me!
You can also choose which direction your fish face - facing left (like most of the fish pictured) or facing right. If you don't tell me a specific direction your fish will face left by default.
About the pattern: Each fish is made purely from polymer. The pattern comes from a very ancient technique called 'millefiori', which has been around since the 6th Century. In fact, pieces made using this technique were found in the Anglo Saxon / Viking burial hoard at Sutton Hoo in Suffolk, England.