The subdued, neutral tones of turquoise and cream in these handmade tiles will lend a calm, serene feel to your bathroom or en-suite, or a timeless elegance to any kitchen.
The design features a millefiori design originally created in clay and heat-printed onto the surface of conventional ceramic glazed tiles.
A great way to add some gentle individuality to a bathroom, kitchen or utility room.
This listing is for a single square tile. Choose size and quantity required from the drop down menus.
- 5mm or 1/4 inch thick
- glossy reflective surface
- gently rounded top edge
- ridged unglazed back
- require normal tile adhesive and grouting
- heat printed in my home studio, using my own millefiori designs
These are handmade to order, so a slight variation between each tile is to be expected.
PLEASE NOTE: these tiles are heat printed, which means they will scratch if you drag heavy things over the surface, or scour with abrasive cleaners. Normal cleaning is fine!
They're suitable for :
- splashbacks in kitchens and bathrooms
- cubby holes
- utility rooms
- en suite bathrooms
- guest bathrooms
- mantel pieces
- kitchen walls away from direct heat sources
- decorative fireplace applications (away from heat sources)
- dining areas
They are NOT suitable for:
- outdoors or conservatories
- areas which receive a lot of direct sunlight or UV as the design may fade over the years
- areas which are regularly scrubbed, bleached or scoured with aggressive cleaners. (Regular cleaning with non abrasive cleaners is fine!)
If you want tiles in this design that can be used for these applications, please contact me - I may be able to help.
If you have any questions I'm always happy to chat - please contact me.
Turquoise and cream 'star' hand printed millefiori tiles
Most of my tiles are heat printed, which means the design is not as abrasion-resistant as mass-produced tiles. Care must be taken not to scratch or damage the surface during installation - tiles awaiting instllation should be stacked face-to-face or back-to-back (the way they arrive) but NOT face-to-back.
Once installed they're durable as long as they're not attacked with extremely powerful cleaning products, acids or abrasives. Normal cleaning is fine!
Click here to see my full installation and care guidance for tiles
If you would like to see the kiln-fired versions of my designs which are suitable for floors, outdoors, swimming pools etc, please ask!